Over the years, I have found that it’s important for any vendor to be very clear and upfront about what their solution will – or will not – do. After all, you don’t just want customers – you want happy customers that will recommend your solution to others. A good fit is vital for both the vendor and the customer.
Marketing automation and sales acceleration tools are wonderful. They can do so much:
1. Marketing automation tools enable you to launch more marketing campaigns using your existing resources.
2. Marketing automation tools enable you to generate more qualified leads.
3. Effectively manage your demand generation campaigns.
4. Automate lead segmentation, lead scoring and nurturing, making them far more efficient than manual processes.
5. Use real-time lead alerts to enable your sales team to capture leads as soon as they are ready.
6. Use anonymous visitor tracking to get a complete picture of where each lead stands and gain better visibility into their level of readiness and what exactly they are looking for.
7. Know your leads better and tailor your campaign to meet their needs and answer their particular pain points. As a result, have a higher chance of turning leads into customers.
Our customers tell us that now that they use our marketing automation tools, they can’t imagine going back to manually managing demand generation campaigns, and we know exactly what they mean.
But it’s important to remember that there’s one thing marketing automation tools will not do: they will not create content for your campaigns. A good marketing automation tool will take your great content and the leads it generates and make the most of them – using the content wisely and monitoring response more efficiently than you could ever do manually – but content creation needs to happen first.
How does one go about creating B2B content? It’s actually easier than one might think. We’ve covered B2B content creation tips in various past blog posts. The main things to remember when creating B2B content:
Create some great content first, distribute it using trackable emails, then continue using marketing automation to segment, score and nurture leads, and receive an alert when they are ready to buy.Google+